VMware Cloud Community
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Persona Managemt GPO use without Vmware View Environment

Is it possible to use Persona Management GPO without Vmware View environment for managing the user profiles.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Persona Management is a part of Horizon View Agent and the GPO is used to configure the settings for Persona Management.

You could install the Horizon View Agent and not utilize any other Horizon View functionality then Persona Management, for example in a physical environment, and then you would not need any other Horizon Components.

Does that answer the question?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

so this means i can use persona management for managing the user profile without vmware vdi.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

RanjnaAggarwal wrote:

so this means i can use persona management for managing the user profile with vmware vdi.

Yes, persona management is intended to be used primarily with Horizon View. (VMware's VDI solution)

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Linjo.....sorry for the typo i mean to ask without vmware vdi

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos