VMware Cloud Community
BanchaTH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Perfrmance preview not shot on ESX4 with VvCente4

Dear Alls,

I'm have dell R610 with ESX4 and when i'm add it host to vCenter4 in performance overview not show graphs when selected 'realtime report'

It 's show 'General report Generation exception' and when i'm select drop down menu to '1days' it not show graphs and show like text 'no data avaliable'.

What are wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
danm66
Expert
Expert

verify that the vmware web management service is running on the vcenter server. If it is, see if reports work when using vsphere client is ran on vcenter server vs. another workstation.

also, past days stats take a while to generate so if you just added the host into the vcenter server, give it a day or two for the database to generate past performance data points.

0 Kudos
BanchaTH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes > vmware web management service is running

For Host i'm add and wait 2 day but in '1 day report' still not show

and for 'Real time report' Why it's not show and said 'General report Generation exception' ??

and i'm user VI in vCenter4 (Install Same Server)

any updates?

Thanks

0 Kudos
danm66
Expert
Expert

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1013829 probably doesn't apply but it may speak to the same general cause...slow response from the database. What is the database and where is it located? How much RAM and CPU does the SQL server have? Is it a VM? stuff like that.

0 Kudos
BanchaTH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VC that u use is IBM X3230 Xeon1.86G

Ram 8G

and used SQL Express from vCenter installed.

any updates?

0 Kudos
FranckRookie
Leadership
Leadership

Hi BanchaTH,

A few other thinks to check:

- HTTP SSL service must be started

- vCenter server's name is in DNS (or change the following file :

C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VirtualCenter Server\extensions\com.vmware.vim.stats.report\extensions.xml

correct "" with IP address of the server)

Hope it helps ...

Regards

Franck

0 Kudos