VMware Cloud Community
pesand
Contributor
Contributor

Performance problems

Hi, I have a strange problem with ESXi.

I have IBM x3650 M2 with internal datastore created on LSI adapter with 8 74GB 15k disks in RAID 10, 2x Xeon CPU 4 cores, 32 GB RAM, onboard 4x 1000 Mbps NIC. This server is on HCL of ESXi 5.5.

After install of ESXi everything works, but:

When I try to copy ISO to datastore from viclient, network performance is only around 180 Mbps. I have tried peer to peer connection without any switch and I achieved almost the same result.

Also migrating VM from other host is painful, speed is as described above.

I tried another external NIC (Intel Pro PCIe) - the same

I tried SATA SSD drive as datastore - slightly better, around 280 Mbps, but copying from one folder on this datastore to another folder on the same datastore is again very slow.

The same problem persists on ESXi 6.0 (but this server is not in HCL for 6.0)

The same problem on another x3650 M4 with ESXi 6.0 (M4 is in HCL)

the same problem with lenovo custom ESXi image for x3650

Strange, I can¨t  get it working. Any advice please?

Thanks, Petr

0 Kudos
3 Replies
micwayne
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am having similar problem. Did you found the answer?

Thanks

Visit mrbargainer.com to get save u to 30% on Workstation, Fusion, fusion pro from VMware.com. This offer can be available through coupon code or discount codes.
0 Kudos
pesand
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately not.

Today I will try different server from Fujitsu to be sure whether is hardware related or not.

0 Kudos
pesand
Contributor
Contributor

Weird...

I have just installed ESXi 6.0u1 cusom ISO for Fujitsu on brand new out-of-the-box Fujitsu RX1330M1, 2xXeon E3, 8 GB RAM, 2x300GB SAS 10k RAID1 datastore and perferomance of network and filesystem is worse then on IBM. It must be some "feature" of ESXi not to allow full speed of network or datastore.

0 Kudos