VMware Cloud Community
cpadenich
Contributor
Contributor

Performance metrics report emailed

I am running ESXI 5 and need a way to have basic performance metrics of the guests emailed daily.   I do not have a budget for a third party tool and would like to use native ESXI commands if possible.

I am looking for CPU Usage, Memory Usage, Network and disk usage only  to be used for trending purposes.    a very basic set of performance data is all I require.

thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hello,

Have you tried or considered the RVTools ( free software ), It works great for me.

RVTools - Home

Thanks,
Avinash

0 Kudos
cpadenich
Contributor
Contributor

Avinash

thank you for the suggestion but my understanding of RVtools is more of an inventory tool.    I am looking for daily metrics  of cpu, memory, disk, and network usage.   something as simple as a the high, low, and average CPU usage for the last 24 hours would be perfect.   I can get the data from the performance tab in Vcenter but I am looking for an automated method to send the data about each of the guests.

Chris.

0 Kudos
VitaliyS
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

If you're referring to VM performance metrics, then I would suggest taking a look at Veeam ONE free edition. Report scheduling is available in the full version only, however you can generate a nicely formatted pre-defined report on the VM performance metrics on demand.

Thanks!

0 Kudos