VMware Cloud Community
encoway
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Patchday at VMWare? Patches for ESXi 4.1?

Hi,

i've installed some ESXi 4.1 hosts. I've created an baseline for updates in vCenter and wondering if there is no patch out for ESXi 4.1 right now? Is it so stable? So new? Is there a patchday when VMWare deliveres the new patches?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello.

i've installed some ESXi 4.1 hosts. I've created an baseline for updates in vCenter and wondering if there is no patch out for ESXi 4.1 right now? Is it so stable? So new? Is there a patchday when VMWare deliveres the new patches?

That is correct. As of right now, there are no updates for ESXi 4.1. There is no "patch Tuesday" for VMware products, and the best bet is to sign up on the Patch/Maintenance Alerts list, check the Security Advisories website or check the patch download site regularly.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There are currently no patches released for ESX 4.1.0. The product was only released about a month ago.

vExpert

VMware Communities Moderator

vmwise.com / @vmwise

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
encoway
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Okay thanks!

And is there a patchday at vmware or not?

0 Kudos
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello.

That is correct. As of right now, there are no updates for ESXi 4.1. There is no "patch Tuesday" for VMware products, and the best bet is to sign up on the Patch/Maintenance Alerts list, check the Security Advisories website or check the patch download site regularly.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
encoway
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for answers! (subscribed Smiley Happy

0 Kudos