VMware Cloud Community
RichardBrown
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ParaVirtual disk identity

Hi,

Does anyone know how to affectively determine which RDM on a paravirtual adapter relates to which disk within the OS. I have noticed that this is extremely more complicated with this adapter as the logical location is now completely mixed and i have 30 DB's of identical size so i need to be able to identify which is which.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prasannag6
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Same VM has multiple 30GB disks attached? Try to run the PowerCLI commands can fetch the RDM list first. In the output, Name field gives hard disk number through which we can try to identify the OS disk.

Get-VM | Get-HardDisk -DiskType "RawPhysical","RawVirtual" | Select Parent,Name,DiskType,ScsiCanonicalName,DeviceName | Out-File –FilePath RDMsVMs.txt

----------If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points (use Correct or Helpful buttons). Regards, Prasanna----------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
prasannag6
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Same VM has multiple 30GB disks attached? Try to run the PowerCLI commands can fetch the RDM list first. In the output, Name field gives hard disk number through which we can try to identify the OS disk.

Get-VM | Get-HardDisk -DiskType "RawPhysical","RawVirtual" | Select Parent,Name,DiskType,ScsiCanonicalName,DeviceName | Out-File –FilePath RDMsVMs.txt

----------If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points (use Correct or Helpful buttons). Regards, Prasanna----------
0 Kudos