VMware Cloud Community
EAIabach
Contributor
Contributor

PVSCSI in WDS PE

I'd like to update my WDS build process to include the PVSCSI driver. Does anyone have details on how to do this? I've done this for VMXNET3, but I'd like to do it for PVSCSI now that it is supported for the boot disk on Windows.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VMmatty
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You should be able to extract the driver and put it into your build process. You can get the driver from the floppy image stored in vmimages\floppies folder.

Matt | http://www.thelowercasew.com | @mattliebowitz
0 Kudos
gdesmo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Where does this /vmimages/floppies/ folder exist? When I try and "connect to floppy image on datastore" thru vm console the location is empty. After selecting the vmimages folder. I am running esxi 4 build 4.1.0

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Here it is in vSphere4:

/vmfs/volumes/Hypervisor3/packages/4.0.0/floppies

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
rsmclane
Contributor
Contributor

I had my WDS admin try and add the drivers but they don't seem to be recognized.  No harddrives are found when we boot into the WDS install process.  From that process, I've mounted up the VMware Tools ISO and tried pointing at the pvscsi files and it says that it can't find any drivers.  Has anyone gotten this to work?  Where precisely did you pull the drivers from and how did you add them?

Thanks.

0 Kudos