VMware Cloud Community
virtualizacao
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

PSOD IBM HX5

Hi,

I upgraded Host ESXi 5.1 to 5.5, After the upgrade and i go configure ethernet 10000.

So show me this error de PSOD.

Attached

Someone can help me

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pratjain
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

AFAIK and as per the screenshot the PSOD is happening in the be2net stack in the _be_mpu_post_wrb_ring.

This only occurs when there is a broadcast storm from switch which triggers this PSOD.I would suggest you to contact IBM to get a updated driver and firmware for the Emulex nics which would resolve this issue.

Let me know if this helps

Regards, PJ If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I see NMI, did you check if there is any hardware issue?

Also the backtrace is little close to one reported here

VMware KB: ESXi/ESX host using Emulex 10Gb NIC cards fails with a purple diagnostic screen with the ...

virtualizacao
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I don't know if this machine have problem, to i open call in IBM. Don't have alert in Blade about this machine,

I remove and insert the 10 gb nic card, but don't resolved this problem the purple screen.

I saw that 99% the problem with purple screen is problem with Hardware.

But i can't prove.

0 Kudos
pratjain
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

AFAIK and as per the screenshot the PSOD is happening in the be2net stack in the _be_mpu_post_wrb_ring.

This only occurs when there is a broadcast storm from switch which triggers this PSOD.I would suggest you to contact IBM to get a updated driver and firmware for the Emulex nics which would resolve this issue.

Let me know if this helps

Regards, PJ If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos