On one of my esxi hosts I got a PSOD. Snapshot attached

Can you please suggest on what could have caused it

Thanks

Vaibhav

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ScreamingSilenc

Hi,

Can you give details of your Hardware model ?

Thanks

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful.
0 Kudos
lvaibhavt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

it is Proliant BL490c G6 .. with Xeon 55series processor

0 Kudos
ScreamingSilenc

I came across a similar issue, seem like an known issue on HP server check below link

VMware ESXi Server -  VMware ESXi 4.1 - PSOD Exception 14 on tg3 Network Driver - ...

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful.
0 Kudos
lvaibhavt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Mustafa -- the link you mentioned talks about #PF Exception 14 in world 4108:idle12 IP 0x41800cd987e6 addr 0x0

however in my case the error is #PF Exception 14 in world 95117108:vmm2 and then the name of the VM. Does this mean this VM caused this PSOD.

If you go down on the error then PCPU6 and then the error.

what does this mean

thanks

0 Kudos
ScreamingSilenc

Your right, from a screenshot of the panic screen. It shows panic on CPU#6, not sure can be a HW issue.

0 Kudos
lvaibhavt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi All,

Any suggestions !

Thanks

0 Kudos
kaarthickvasude
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

We also gets same error ,HP is going to replace the CPU Memory module .

0 Kudos
dbthree
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is fixed in a patch. Here is the KB explaining it. VMware KB: ESX/ESXi hosts fail with a purple diagnostic screen and report the error: #PF Exception(1...

Dan C. Barber // VCAP // NCIE // CCNP-DC Data Center Solution Architect Presidio www.presidio.com
0 Kudos
lvaibhavt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@ dbthree -- Thanks for the link

@ Kaartik -- Which version you have installed on your ESX server and did you follow the link that dbthree has mentioned

thanks

0 Kudos