VMware Cloud Community
TheBlackReveran
Contributor
Contributor

PCI-E Controller SATA III

Hello,

I need a PCI-Express SATA III Controller but I can't find something compatible....

I have an ESXi 6 update 2 with AHCI vib of v-front depot : https://vibsdepot.v-front.de/wiki/index.php/Sata-xahci

I have try this controller because they are listed in v-front depot....but doesn't work...

Carte Controleur PCI EXPRESS (PCI-E) - 4 PORTS SATA 3 (SATA III) - CHIPSET MARVELL 88SE9215 par COMP...

CSL - Carte contrôleur / carte interface PCI-Express (PCIe) 2.0 pour SATA III / eSATA III (disques d...

ESXi can see the marvell controller but no disks (maybe a firmware bug : look point 4 of VMware Front Experience: How to make your unsupported SATA AHCI Controller work with ESXi 5.5 and 6.... )

ESXi can't see ASMEDIA ASM1061 controller, I have a freez at the "Loading module ahci".

For information BIOS can see AsMedia and Marvell controller and disks.

I try enable/disable CPU Virtualisation and IOMMU but nothing change.

Please have you already use a SATA III controller compatible with ESXi 6?

I try vmware compatibility guide but I can't find store with this product.

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TheBlackReveran
Contributor
Contributor

For information, I have make another test => passthrough. And the Marvell controler works fine => my controler is directly connected to my OpenMediaVaul VM et she can see disks.

But my VM lost snapshot :smileycry: (and I like make a snapshot before update, migration, test :smileyconfused:)

0 Kudos
morpheus65535
Contributor
Contributor

Didi you find a way to get your drives recognized by ESXi 6 with this Marvell controller? I just bought the same one and got the same problem...

Thank you!

0 Kudos