Contributor

P2v

p2v cold migration process?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JPM300
Commander
Commander

There really isn't a cold migration process anymore, VMware used to have a cold clone disk you could use but I think after Version 5.0 they discontinued it.  What are you trying to clone that requires a cold clone?

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

I still have the coldclone cd construction kit on my website.
The one from VMware is quite outdated nowadays - you can find it in p2p networks.

But honestly there is no reason to use a Windows LiveCD with an outdatedConverter.
I use a Linux LiveCDs together with the latest current Converter on the target - gives you latest patches plus better performance.

0 Kudos
vfk
Expert
Expert

If it is not overly complicated system/application, this is probably a good time to upgrade it and part of the upgrade, build it as VM.  OR introduce new instance of the application and phase out the old one.

vfk

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
0 Kudos