VMware Cloud Community
arnold739
Contributor
Contributor

P2V Problem with seeing hard drives

Hello, hope someone can help me with this problem.

I have two IBM H Series Blades both connected to the same IBM DS3400 SAN. I want to P2V both blades via VMWare P2V Converter Stand Alone v4.3. I have installed the P2C converter on both servers. Both servers have the same drive configuration - C:\ and D:\ are on one hard drive located in the blade and drive E:\ and F:\ are located on our SAN. When I begin configuring a new P2V task, I click the "View Source Details" link to view the server details including drives.

Blade 1 - when I launch a new conversion task, select the local machine, and click the blue link to "View Source Details", the converter sees all hard drives perfectly (Drives C:\ through F:\) and when I go through the P2V conversion process the task completes 100% without any errors at all. It is a wonderful experience!

Blade 2 - when I launch a new conversion task, select the local machine, and click the blue link to "View Source Details", the converter does not display the drives properly (Drives C:\ and D\: show up fine and F:\ drive shows up with and incorrect size and no D:\ shows up at all). If i follow through with the conversion completes with no errors however the drive configuration is incorrect.

The only difference between the Blades' E:\ and F:\ drives is the size on each blade.

Blade 1: E:\ Total Space 39.9GB In Use Space 24.1GB F:\ Total Space 29.9GB Used Space 24.1GB

Blade 2: E:\ Total Space 74.8BG In Use Space 37.2GB F:\ Total Space 69.9GB Used Space 69.6GB

Any help on this situation would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
arnold739
Contributor
Contributor

Further to this, I have found details in the log of the server that is not seeing the drives properly that reads as follows:

Failed to get info for
.\PhysicalDrive1: error Read
.\PhysicalDrive1 disk layout: Incorrect function (1)

Volume
?\Volume{ede0b7f8-5fbb-43a5-9496-80c02eb842e4}\ is assosiated with a disk that had been filtered out; filter out the volume as well.

Anyone who has had this issue who can provide assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Kudos