VMware Cloud Community
emil45
Contributor
Contributor

Out of space on the datastore

A backup was made via veeam to a file server (virtual) on esxi, the space was full, the virtual machines turned off, I had to clean the folder with old iso files. After that, the file server started and the old backups were deleted, 1 TB of space was freed up, but the storage is still full and the .vmdk file of this server file does not decrease. When I try to start a new backup, it says there is no space. Tell me what to do?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've reported your thread so a moderator knows to move it to the area for vSphere backup matters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please connect to the host's console, run ls -lisa > filelist.txt in the VM's folder, then download filelist.txt, and attach it to your next reply.

André

0 Kudos
emil45
Contributor
Contributor

file attached

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You've missed the part "in the VM's folder", which is /vmfs/volumes/datastore-name/vm-name

André

0 Kudos