VMware Cloud Community
KishoreGoud
Contributor
Contributor

OpenSSH MaxAuthTries Bypass

Hi ,

Any one please help me onupdating the Open SSH package 6.6 to Open SSH 7.0  in ESXi 6.0.0b 2809209

Thank u!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MKguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Unless VMware releases an update with a new version, you can't update the SSH daemon or really any other ESXi software components yourself. At least not with some considerable effort at building custom binaries and some other fiddling, and losing support. ESXi is not Linux.

But first of all, you shouldn't have SSH enabled on a host by default. Only enable it when you specifically need remote SSH access, which is usually only needed to troubleshoot issues at a low level.

-- http://alpacapowered.wordpress.com
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator note: This is a product-specific discussion, so it should be posted in the forum area for the relevant product - moving to the ESXi 6 forum area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
KishoreGoud
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response@MKguy.

Can you Please help me on which VMupdate having the open ssh 7 package and how can we check that and The final update from VMware is

ESXi 6.0 Update 1b2016-01-073380124

Please find the attached screenshot of available patches and Yellow one is current using Esxi ver in my environment.

Thanks&regards

Kishore

0 Kudos