VMware Cloud Community
zsustar
Contributor
Contributor

Not able to mount ISO file

I mounted a ISO file to my VM, click OK, everything is cool.

Then, I clicked "Edit virtual machie settings"-"CD/DVD(IDE)" in order to double check the ISO file which I mounted is correct.

Guess what, the “connection” option backs to “Use Physical Drive”! I tried several times with different ISO files, all same result.

Checked all config files, read only option is not enabled. The ISO name is standard without any special characters or space.

So, what’s wrong with my VM?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Walfordr
Expert
Expert

zsustar wrote:

I mounted a ISO file to my VM, click OK, everything is cool.

Then, I clicked "Edit virtual machie settings"-"CD/DVD(IDE)" in order to double check the ISO file which I mounted is correct.

Guess what, the “connection” option backs to “Use Physical Drive”! I tried several times with different ISO files, all same result.

Checked all config files, read only option is not enabled. The ISO name is standard without any special characters or space.

So, what’s wrong with my VM?

Which version of ESX/ESXi are you using?

Does this happen on all VMs or just 1 specific one?

What permissions do you have in the environment and on the VM?

Does the Reconfigure VM task show completed? Does anything odd show under the Task & Events > Events tab of the VM after mounting the ISO?

Robert -- BSIT, VCP3/VCP4, A+, MCP (Wow I haven't updated my profile since 4.1 days) -- Please consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.
0 Kudos
zsustar
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for you reply, i forgot to mention that I copied the ESX4 VM files to my portal hardisk and read it from my VMware workstation in laptop, not from ESXi host.

I already fixed it today by re-add the "CD/DVD" Device.

0 Kudos