VMware Cloud Community
PiT9000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No hardware status tab in free esxi4?

Hi

I'm just starting with esxi4 (free version) and the Vsphere Client, for some reason i have no hardware status tab. The server is a proliant dl380 g5. I can see some info but no hw status, so i have no way to find out if like say a disk goes down.

Is this by design or is something other in play here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You should have a Health Status selection in the Configuration TAB. You need to install the HP version of ESXi (Available on the VMware ESXi download area or the HP website) and you would see quite a list of hardware and the health of same. There is no alarm feature in the free version of ESXi. You can download Veeam Monitor Free which does have the ability to send off an email.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You should have a Health Status selection in the Configuration TAB. You need to install the HP version of ESXi (Available on the VMware ESXi download area or the HP website) and you would see quite a list of hardware and the health of same. There is no alarm feature in the free version of ESXi. You can download Veeam Monitor Free which does have the ability to send off an email.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
PiT9000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

than you very much, i'll try this out.

0 Kudos