VMware Cloud Community
MariSel
Contributor
Contributor

No datastores have been configured on the host

While installing the ESXi VMware-VMvisor-Installer-8.0 i was warned that "the disk will be repartitioned" , upon the installation I saw 0 in the storage , tried attaching the new datastore however the message was " failed to create VMFS name" , then I tried increase the capacity and prompted with a fatel error as attached . Could someone help me advise on this ?Failed to create VMFS.jpegesxi datastore.PNGError when Increase capacity.jpegerror details.jpeg

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

According to the provided screenshots, there's no free disk space available for a datastore.

Please don't mix up the "VMFSL" partition with a "VMFS" partition (a datastore).
With ESXi 7.0, VMware increased disk requirements for the ESXi installation, where up to ~130GB (depending on the disk size) can be used by ESXi itself.
In case that this is your only disk, and you want to have some disk space for VMs (a datastore), you may follow https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/81166.

André

0 Kudos
gcuevas_89
Contributor
Contributor

I had the have the same issue. I got around the problem by creating a data store that is 210 GBs in size when installing ESXi 8.0.2 and now I have 81.2 GBs of free space. Hopefully this can help you. The attachment I posted is a picture the 200 GBs

Tags (1)
0 Kudos