VMware Cloud Community
TCLiven
Contributor
Contributor

No data showing on Data Store anymore

Hi There -

This afternoon we had three VM's go down on a host.  Noticed that the host no longer recognized the data store the VM's resided on.  Then discovered that only one host out of my eleven sees this datastore now.

When I try to browse the data store, it does not show any data on it anymore.  Wondering what could have happened that vCenter and the vSphere client no longer sees data on the data store.  When I try to access the VMFS file/directory of the data store on the host, I receive the error that I cannot cd into it.  Any ideas on how I can get the data to show back up on the data store?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I'd recommend you immediately open a case with VMware!

Also ensure the daatstore/LUN has not been presented to e.g. a Windows host.

André

0 Kudos
mrksiddiqui
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you able to connect to host directly and see if the datastore has data. What kind of datasotre local or SAN?

If this helps answer your question please consider awarding points!
0 Kudos
TCLiven
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I can connect to the only host that sees the data store and it still cannot access or see any data on it

0 Kudos
TCLiven
Contributor
Contributor

been trying to get through to vmware via email and phone and have been having issues all day getting connected.

0 Kudos
TCLiven
Contributor
Contributor

So it looks as though vSphere sees this data store incorrectly now... pic attached

0 Kudos