VMware Cloud Community
technicaldiffic
Contributor
Contributor

No customer service, SPAM instead, WHY?

Well, it appears VMWare knows how to treat potential customers - like dirt.

I've been waiting two to three weeks for an answer to a very simple question - which VMWare package/offering meets my very simple needs?

Instead, I get no answers and just SPAM e-mails inviting me to a conference I'll never be able to attend, nor would I ever consider attending since VMWare can't be bothered to establish a proper business relationship with a potential customer with a good bit of investment money to utilize.

Seriously, VMWare? Is that how you treat potential customers, by ignoring them and spamming their business inbox with useless promotions?

The fact you couldn't spend two minutes to go "This package will let you split up that 4-node system into multiple discrete VMs and you can piece-part out the GPU cores as logical discrete GPU units to each Windows VM" makes me think your software can't handle even the most basic of virtualization tasks, and your lack of communication only compounds that thought.

SAVE THE DATE FOR VMWORLD 2015!!!!! <---- the SPAM in my inbox.

Guys, considering your horrible support, I don't think you're going to have much of a chance to see 2016 unless you can fire your idiot management and hire some competent people in their place - people that actually care about customers.

The only other place I've had such an unprofessional experience was in a dirty, dingy Chinese food market. Actually, their service was better - they at least TRIED to communicate with me and address my questions, despite the language barrier.

Why are you incapable of answering my very simple question and instead insist on filling up my e-mail inbox with useless spam?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
technicaldiffic
Contributor
Contributor

So, despite *MICROSOFT* transferring me to five different departments, and me having to make do with trying to communicate in threee different languages (because plain English is too hard to understand, apparently,) I was able to get an answer to my question.

VMWare, still no answer. Not even here on the forums.

This should tell you exactly what VMWare thinks of all of you.

0 Kudos
mikejroberts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Even as a paying customer you may not get the attention you would expect - unless you have an ELA.  There are many great minds watching these posts and I think you would be better off asking the community for recommendations.  Most of us already know that VMware customer service and support can be less than stellar, so we try to help each other out.

technicaldiffic
Contributor
Contributor

It's more the fact that as a potential customer with a good deal of investment capital to utilize to make my business, VMWare can't even be bothered to answer a VERY BASIC question to get my money, which makes me think their 'technical' people are nowhere near as capable as I had suspected.

Here, I'll even post the question:

I have a 4-node 192 thread 37,000+ GPU core 1TB RAM system. Which VMWare product will allow me to piece and part out this system, down to assigning individual GPU cores to a VM for graphics processing?

They can't even spend TWO MINUTES to tell me which product would do something THAT SIMPLE.

Microsoft, despite five phone transfers and three language barriers, was able to answer my question within 10 minutes - Yes, RemoteFX and Hyper-V combined will do EXACTLY that and nothing more if you desire.

My wallet is quickly falling over to the Microsoft side of the fence, and here's VMWare, struggling for weeks to get the ten collective brain cells they have amongst them to even provide me an answer so they can make a sale.

0 Kudos
TedH256
Expert
Expert

this query of yours smells a bit like trolling. But ... being generous I'll assume not despite the really rather silly "makes me think your software can't handle even the most basic of virtualization tasks". Please.

So, could you please just ask your question here, and we will take a hack at it.

I'll take this: "This package will let you split up that 4-node system into multiple discrete VMs and you can piece-part out the GPU cores as logical discrete GPU units to each Windows VM"  as a kind of question, and make a stab at it. Please fill in some details if you could, in response to this response.

So I don't know what kind of 4-node system you are talking about. If you are describing 4 physical hosts, that you want to virtualize? Your reference to GPU cores suggests that you may be talking about a VDI solution for graphical desktops?

If so, then yes there are Horizon View packages that can either logically or physically carve out and present host-based GPU. It depends on (of course) the details: which hosts video cards, etc ...

Give us a little more detail, please without the trolling-like attitude, and we can probably get you a long way towards how you might architect your solution using VMware products.

0 Kudos
TedH256
Expert
Expert

Oh and you may want to consider a couple particular issues:

1)this discussion forum is for people with topics related to ESXi - the base hypervisor. Your question, presuming I'm correct that you are interested in virtualizing graphical workstations, would best be put in a Horizon View forum - that is the up the stack solution that provides VDI services.

2)You want to architect a solution - you would be best served to reach out to a VMware sales person, who could put you in touch with an SE that could have a discussion with you about what would be the best way to architect a solution for your needs.

0 Kudos
technicaldiffic
Contributor
Contributor

"Give us a little more detail, please without the trolling-like attitude"

Perhaps you should turn your 'add my personal tone to this person's words' feature off in your wetware hypervisor.

0 Kudos
technicaldiffic
Contributor
Contributor

"you would be best served to reach out to a VMware sales person, who could put you in touch with an SE that could have a discussion with you about what would be the best way to architect a solution for your needs."

Gee, I could've sworn that was already mentioned in my original post, as evidenced by "I've been waiting two to three weeks for an answer to a very simple question - which VMWare package/offering meets my very simple needs?"

0 Kudos
TedH256
Expert
Expert

ok troll, I guess.

You did not specify whether you just left a message on the phone, or actually worked to find a salesman. Nor did you say whether you were able to get ahold of an SE.

Wow - dude I understand that sometimes navigating through company options can be frustrating. But part of it has to do with attitude. You still have not bothered to provide us any detail, which leads me to believe you are just .... a .... troll.

0 Kudos
technicaldiffic
Contributor
Contributor

"You still have not bothered to provide us any detail"

Apparently you simply cannot read, can you? In the third reply, I give you specs. In the original post I give the question. WELL BEFORE YOU EVER WALKED IN HERE OPENING YOUR MOUTH.

Who is the troll, here?

0 Kudos
tedg_vCrumbs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware tops tech vendor survey about customer experiences - TechRepublic

I am sure you had willing participants in here eager to help you but the attitude is just not helping.

------ tedg Don't forget to mark posts as helpful or correct if they deserve it!
0 Kudos