VMware Cloud Community
funkau
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No Performance Data Available

I've been having issues getting any historical performance data to display.  I can see real time data.  I have scoured the forums and knowledge base articles and have only found one that is relvant.  However it has not resolved my issue.

We are running esxi4.1 update 2.  I have inhertitied this system from the previous sys admin.  I believe at some stage the database was corrupted and the entire vcenter server was rebuilt with a new database. 

The KB article i found is here

I cannot find the error message in any of the vxpd.log files however when I run the query "select count (*) from vpx_hist_stat1" it returns 0

Originally the load_stats_proc Procedure was not listed, adding it in as per the KB article had no effect.

All 8 of the Agent jobs are there and the history shows they are running successfully.

I really have no idea where to look from here.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jklick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don't have any additional KB articles than the ones already listed. However, I've seen this issue several times before and as a preventative measure I'd check the statistics levels in your vCenter server settings for anything above 2, particularly since you inherited the environment. When statistics level 3 and 4 are used for extended periods of time, it has a tendency to cause this problem due to the extreme amount of metrics that need to get rolled up regularly.

@JonathanKlick | www.vkernel.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
abirhasan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have you seen this thread....

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1618775

0 Kudos
funkau
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hadn't seen that thread but I had seen the KB articles linked in it.

I have just noticed that it is only dbo.VPX_HIST_STAT and dbo.VPX_HIST_STAT1 that are empty. dbo.VPX_HIST_STAT2, dbo.VPX_HIST_STAT3 & dbo.VPX_HIST_STAT4 contain data.

0 Kudos
jklick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don't have any additional KB articles than the ones already listed. However, I've seen this issue several times before and as a preventative measure I'd check the statistics levels in your vCenter server settings for anything above 2, particularly since you inherited the environment. When statistics level 3 and 4 are used for extended periods of time, it has a tendency to cause this problem due to the extreme amount of metrics that need to get rolled up regularly.

@JonathanKlick | www.vkernel.com
0 Kudos
mohan11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi  funkau  ,

Welcome to the communities.

please check te system Is the SQL agent running or not ?if not then simple start service then check it .

if running then follow below link for more details and configuration.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=201152...

"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit."
0 Kudos
funkau
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That did the trick.

Thanks for you help

0 Kudos