VMware Cloud Community
amfribeiro
Contributor
Contributor

No Access to any VM, System Freeze

Hi,

i´m new in esxi, so i will try to resume my problem.

I have a Dell PE 2950 with 12gb ram with Intel Xeon X5450 3.0 Ghz, with 4nic´s. with esxi 4.0.0,181792

Well my problem is since some time ago, all my Guest OS stop to respond any command.

I can login to esxi with VI client, but when i tried to connect to my guest os ( i have 3 guest´s, 2X W2K08 64 bit´s sp2 , 1X w2k03 32 bit´s ) on the console, i wait some time and nothing happens, the screem is always black.

if i tried to power off the guest´s they always stop at 95% and stay that way all the time,until i power off the server.

if i try to do anything in the esxi, the result is null, because i receive the message that the system takes to lonng to respond.

on a cmd box i can ping the host, but the guest i don´t receive any response.

the only way i found to resolve this,is to shutdown the server on the botton, and turn it on again.

I think is something related to the esxi, because when i power on the guest os, i receive the message, that the system was not properly shutdown.

i´ve all ready contact the support of dell, but they don´t found any hardware problem, ( at the begin i think that was a hardware ), but now, i don´t now.

Have anyone an ideia wath could be happen?

best regards

Antonio Ribeiro

0 Kudos
6 Replies
zhangtong3910
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check with you ESXi resourse usage like memory and cpu , using vSphere client, tech support mode;

You can restore your ESXi system back to the initial mode and then register your VMs to the ESXi.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

What sort of diagnostics did you do with dell? You can also look at the logs - both /var/log/messages and for each VM (vmware.log in the VM's folder).

Dave

VMware Communities User Moderator

New book in town - vSphere Quick Start Guide -http://www.yellow-bricks.com/2009/08/12/new-book-in-town-vsphere-quick-start-guide/.

Do you have a system or PCI card working with VMDirectPath? Submit your specs to the Unofficial VMDirectPath HCL - http://www.vm-help.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21.

0 Kudos
amfribeiro
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

when i speak to Dell, they ask me to run the diagnostic client. and in that moment there was no hardware problem.

so we think is something to do with the software.

in the esxi logs don´t show anything wrong, this is what dell tell me,because i sent the log´s to them.

thanks

0 Kudos
amfribeiro
Contributor
Contributor

my esxi resourse are OK.

the machine never go to limit in anything.

in this moment the problem happen again.

thanks

0 Kudos
Sumit1mit
Contributor
Contributor

Please check it by resetting the password of vmxuser for the particular host & then disconnect the host from the VC & connect it again & see the status then.

also run this command: service mgmt-vmware restart

Sumit

Sumit
0 Kudos
amfribeiro
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i´ve allready do that command, but with no sucesss.

finally dell tech support, found something in the logs. ( "WARNING: SCSILinuxAbortCommands Failed, Driver LSI Logic SAS based MegaRAID driver, for vmhba1" )

they are saying that the problem is in th software, because it´s a driver problem, wich i don´t believe, because all the hardware are ESXI certified by both companys ( dell and vmware ).

and now let´s see what gona happen.

Antonio Ribeiro

0 Kudos