VMware Cloud Community
jpaul155
Contributor
Contributor

Nic Teaming with Enterasys network switch

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience using Nic Teaming with Enterasys network switches ? Running a HP c7000 blade chasis using HP virtual connects, the switch and virtual connects reconize the 4- 2gb links which I have configured on that end , but what I am unsure of is how it is being recognized in vmware ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Forums - your ESX/ESXi server really will not see the Enterasys switch - your ESX/ESXi hosts will see the virtual connects your are presenting your blades hosting your ESX.ESXi servers -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
jpaul155
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. So if the grouping of links is working between the virtual connects and the Enterasys switch, nothing further needs to be done within vmware? I have network connectivity with all hosts and vm's, just trying to understand the teaming within vmware. Also, one of the docs I was reading suggested configuring the virtual switch to use "Route based on IP Hash", do I still want to use this with the virtual connect's

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

If you have connectivity then your are good to go - if you do choose route based on IP hash then you will need to make sure the Virtual Connect is set up for LACP -