VMware Cloud Community
DumpCheck
Contributor
Contributor

New Mac Pro and ESXi...

So as I understand it, due to OSX licensing issues, ESXi should/needs to be installed on mac hardware generally. Now that the new Mac Pro tower (is that the right way to describe it, since it isn't very towering...), is about to drop, will there be a new ESXi build to support the new hardware, or is the latest ESXi 5.5 with patches already compatible?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mofr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mac OSX | Guest OS Install Guide - VMware Blogs

VMware Compatibility Guide: Guest/Host Search

---------------------------------------------------------- MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator MCSE: Messaging VCP4 Blog: http://vforv.me/ Twitter: @sgaldava
0 Kudos
DumpCheck
Contributor
Contributor

New Mac Pro should list as MacPro6,1 so not on the official HCL yet...

0 Kudos
tomtom901
Commander
Commander

You should check the MacMini ESXi from William Lam. Perhaps that will work also:

www.virtuallyghetto.com/2013/09/running-esxi-55-on-apple-mac-mini.html

0 Kudos
sdpsasi
Contributor
Contributor

when i try to install vmware 5.5 on new MAC PRO late 2013 (6-care), getting an error "Relocating modules and starting up the kernel". To resolving this error i have tried "Append the boot option: ignoreHeadless=TRUE (Shift + O during startup of an ESXi 5.5 installation)" and also "iovDisableIR=TRUE (Shift + O during startup of an ESXi 5.5 installation)", Still i'm getting the same error.

Also i have tried the "ESXi-5.5-Mac-Mini-6.2.iso (www.virtuallyghetto.com/2013/09/running-esxi-55-on-apple-mac-mini.html)" option. But no luck, same error
0 Kudos
jtrohm
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue on just delivered Mac Pro hardware. Units are 6-core with 64GB ram. Has anyone made progress on a repair work work around?

0 Kudos