VMware Cloud Community
kxx
Contributor
Contributor

Network restore, auto-confguring network failed.

Hello, I have a problem.

Server was moved from one network to another. There used to be manual configuration, and was moved to network with DHCP - but that is not a point.

The problem is that I could not get IP addres , and decided to Restore Network Settings.

Result was:

Powering Off VMs. Done.

Auto-configuring network. Failed.

After that I have no access to Network Configuraion etc. I do not know what to do now.

tmp.png

Please help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sflanders
Commander
Commander

Hmm, have you tried to resetting the system configuration (http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.vsphere.install.doc_50%2FGUID-AD450D...)? If you do not want to take such a harsh step you can log into the shell and try some esxcg- or esxcli commands to see what is going on...

esxcfg-vswitch -l

esxcfg-vmknic -l

esxcfg-route

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===
0 Kudos
jaikiran143
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

If the host is not having any vms so just go for System reset option instead of network restore.

After restart your ESXi will come up without any missed options.

thanks,

JK

0 Kudos
Alex_007
Contributor
Contributor

I restored my host to standard switch and now my host will host not allow me to configure the default gateway. It says it cannot reach it. I tried to ping the default gateway form the offending host but it fails. I cannot ping the second host on the same network or ping itself. It was shipped by dill with dell custom image pre-installed, Should I reset the system? Will I lose the dell image when doing so? Thanks

0 Kudos