VMware Cloud Community
Musfir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Network failover

Hi all

I try to make my VM network Redundant capable. I have 2 SWs (hp2800) from each SWs I got uplinks for my Host ( SW1 one Link and SW2 one link) and I make on Vswitch and gave that 2 physical NIC to Same Vswitch . but my problem is if my on switch failed  My all system is getting down. Please chack my Snaps for regarding the same

Thanks

Musfir

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

According to the screen shots you configured the vSwitch policy for "Beacon Probing" (which isn't useful with only two uplinks) and did override this in the port group settings with "Link Status only". I'd recommend you reset the vSwitch to the default "Link Status only". Once done login to the host's console (or SSH) and run esxtop (press "n" for networking) and check whether the failover works as expected when unplugging or disabling one of the uplinks.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vnaveen1984
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Musfir,

The link status should come down, and redundant should work. Please try removing the link or switching off one switch .

Or In NIC Teaming use Beacon probing

Regards

Naveen V

a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

According to the screen shots you configured the vSwitch policy for "Beacon Probing" (which isn't useful with only two uplinks) and did override this in the port group settings with "Link Status only". I'd recommend you reset the vSwitch to the default "Link Status only". Once done login to the host's console (or SSH) and run esxtop (press "n" for networking) and check whether the failover works as expected when unplugging or disabling one of the uplinks.

André

0 Kudos
Musfir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HI Andre/Naveen

Big thanks for you gays. Your answers are really helpful. Ones again thanks for your quick replay.

Musfir

0 Kudos