VMware Cloud Community
craftyp
Contributor
Contributor

Network dropping on THEOS Corona VM

I have an old system running THEOS Corona version 5 patch level 208.  I need to keep the data available but woudl really like to get off the old hardware.  I created a VM on my ESXi 4 host.  It works, for about 30 seconds and then the network dies.  I'm using the E1000 nic.  All others do not work at all.

Has anyone seen THEOS Corona before?  Any success getting it to work in vSphere?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
craftyp
Contributor
Contributor

I'm guessing by the silence that no one has actually experienced the same thing with Theos Corona.  Perhaps no one is actually using it?  

0 Kudos
virtbox
Contributor
Contributor

Just about to try and get Theos Corona running on VM. Have no details yet about how to set it up so gave it a shot with 50182 and got address errors. Any info you could offer would be appreciated. Could then share our experiences.

0 Kudos
craftyp
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds like same thing I ran into. Haven’t been able to spend any more time on it. The THEOS forums talk a lot about success using Workstation, Player or Fusion. Doesn’t make sense to me that the E1000 driver would work with those but not vSphere but that is what they claim. One guy even suggested running Workstation on a VM hosted by vSphere and then running THEOS on that Workstation. But I haven’t tried that yet.

0 Kudos
jojodelapiha
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

I have the exactly same problem. did you found a solution ?

I tested to install Workstation on VM Windows and run THEOS on that workstation but i had memory error on install like : "Invalid Opcode in CSI at D5B:60"

thanks,

best regards.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

> Doesn’t make sense to me that the E1000 driver would work with those but not vSphere but that is what they claim.

The virtual E1000 device has been modified in recent versions.
Did you try older virtual hardware - I would try version 4 or 6 ?

0 Kudos
jojodelapiha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I found the problem and resolved it. You need to put the NIC card with E1000E driver.

I tested with THEOS 50211 and 50212. no network failure.

step 1: U need to install first THEOS with NIC card E1000 for the installation.

step 2: After the installation, reboot for configuring THEOS.

step 3: After that, shutdown the VM and remove NIC card USB peripherique and USB controller.

step 4: Right click on the VM and u need to show now "Update Virtual Hardware". if you dont see that, u need to redo step 3, until u see this option on vSphere.

step 5: Now u can see E1000E, so install new NIC Card with E1000E, install USB Controller et peripherique for the dongle.

Step 6: Start the VM and configure the network (remove the old card on theos and reconfigure another one).

step 7: Enjoy that Smiley Happy !

Best regards,

0 Kudos