VMware Cloud Community
gciscol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Network adaptor cannot configured at ESXi 6.7

Hi The vm server lose connection. After checking, I found network adaptor 1 is empty. so I filled it like network adaptor 2 and save it. but the issue is after I open the Edit setting, I can see its still empty. Please see the below screenshot. Anyone can provide suggestions to resolve the issue? Thank you

gciscol_0-1628952160659.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.
It could be because of permissions issues.
Are you using user root on the ESXi host or user administrator on the vcenter server to edit the VM?
Try with a different browser like Firefox ESR?

The VM was created in another version? I say this because you indicate that you are using version 6.7, but in the image you sent the VM shows version 5.5.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.
It could be because of permissions issues.
Are you using user root on the ESXi host or user administrator on the vcenter server to edit the VM?
Try with a different browser like Firefox ESR?

The VM was created in another version? I say this because you indicate that you are using version 6.7, but in the image you sent the VM shows version 5.5.

Enrique Espinel
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
gciscol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your reply. it works after changing browser. 

BTW, I got confused after you replied on the version. the ESXi version 6.7 is installed at Dell PC. Please see the first picture below. and then i installed vCenter Server at the ESXi. but now as you mentioned above, i also can see its ESXi 5.5 instead of vCenter Server. sometimes I used the installed vCenter Server to make some change on VM which sits at the ESXi if it has some network adaptor issue, such as this time. I do not know why it shows ESXi 5.5? it should be vCenter Server because i installed vCenter Server as one of VM at the ESXi6.7?

gciscol_0-1628954420378.png

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.
If you have a vCenter Server, it must be version 6.X, since lower versions cannot manage version 6.7.

The second image is directly accessing the ESXi host through the host client (web client).

Along with the vcenter server is installed a web client called vSphere client, which is the one we use when we enter the ip of the vcenter server and from there you can manage the ESXi hosts if they are connected to the vcenter server.

When creating a VM through a web client there is a compatibility parameter, which may be what was chosen with ESXi 5.5, attached image

e_espinel_0-1628963092440.png

Enrique Espinel
0 Kudos
gciscol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos