VMware Cloud Community
roundy07
Contributor
Contributor

Network Disconnecting in HP Customized ESXi

Hi everyone

I'm hoping someone might be able to offer some assistance with an issue I've been having.

I'm currently using an HP Proliant Microserver Gen8 1610T running the latest HP ESXi 6.0.0 U2 Customized image. My problem is whenever I use a VM that I've built and attempt to download anything on it the download drops out. For example, if I use Chrome the download will start but after a few seconds just freeze and will not continue. In IE, the downloads won't even begin. This occurs on two VM's, one Windows Server 2012 R2 and one Windows 7 Pro 64bit. Each VM uses a different type of vNIC (Server 2012 R2 is E1000E whilst WIndows 7 is E1000) On the machines I can browse the internet fine, but something about attempting to download just causes it to not function. All other networking features such as network shares etc seem to be fine. Also uploading files on DataStore seems to work okay.

The server currently has one 1TB HDD configured in RAID0 with the HP B120i controller and is configured with 2 NIC's, NIC0 is set up for Management traffic whilst NIC1 is configured solely for the use of VM's.

Things I've tried include:

Swapping the NICs over in ESXi (so the management traffic uses NIC1 and VMs use NIC0),

Rolling back drivers to the ESXi 5.5.0 drivers from December 2014 (HP images have had driver issues in the past)

Replacing the Cat6 cables from the server

Connecting the server directly into the physical router to rule out a switch issue

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
tophe75
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tied the VMXNET3 adapter?

Have this been a problem always?

What about MTU?

0 Kudos