VMware Cloud Community
thmadd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

NetApp Snap Drive 6.1 and ESXi 4.0

Is it possible to use snap drive 6.1 with esxi 4.0. I have been reading and found that it is supported with esx 4.0, however it required the the ESX host utilities be installed. Without the service console, i cant install the host utiilities. without these utilities, will snap drive work?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Netapp is independent of whatever OS attaches to the drives. Netapp manages the space. VM Ware manages the VM's. The host utilities are for your benefit (and you can still get to them via telnet/ssh into Netapp).

So yes, you do not need the host utilities for this to work. Even if you had the utilities I doubt they would function under ESX console very well anyway...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Netapp is independent of whatever OS attaches to the drives. Netapp manages the space. VM Ware manages the VM's. The host utilities are for your benefit (and you can still get to them via telnet/ssh into Netapp).

So yes, you do not need the host utilities for this to work. Even if you had the utilities I doubt they would function under ESX console very well anyway...

0 Kudos