VMware Cloud Community
KennyK1
Contributor
Contributor

Nested Esxi Host with 1 vm on it that cannot get network connectivity

KennyK1_0-1624310727720.png

This is a home lab situation and I am a VCP as of February this year. I am practicing my engineering skills and I need network connectivity on the win2k10-a machine.  After I installed the win2k10-a machine and attached it to the VDS  I cannot get network connectivity.

I'm running Esxi 6.7 for my host client and I am using  Vcenter server 7.0

This is a a nested environment and hopefully you guys can help me figure this out as I cannot move forward.

I have both hosts and the win2k10-a machine connected to a Vsphere Distributed switch. 

KennyK1_1-1624310980675.pngKennyK1_2-1624311012508.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check the "Configuring the network" section of this article: https://www.altaro.com/vmware/deploying-nested-esxi-is-easier-than-ever-before/

You may need to amend the vSwitch security policy on the "outer" ESXi host, you can amend the same settings when using a distributed switch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
KennyK1
Contributor
Contributor

Amending the outer host has fixed my issue immediately! You are an awesome person! Thanks so much!

0 Kudos