VMware Cloud Community
b1izzard
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Need to download ghettovcb4i.sh script

I'm going crazy trying to figure out where to download this. I look at http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-8760, and it has a million links to download scripts from but when I go there it links me back to the doc 8760. UGHHH!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

I maintain all my scripts using the VMTN community docs ... and when you attach files they go at the end of the document and I have no control over there. As a new user visiting the page, if you just scroll to the very bottom without clicking on the comments, you'll clearly see the download link. Good to always carefully go through the documentation Smiley Wink

=========================================================================

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

VMware ESX/ESXi scripts and resources at:

VMware Code Central - Scripts/Sample code for Developers and Administrators

VMware Developer Comuunity

Twitter: @lamw

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

The latest version of the script will always be attached to the VMTN document at: of which supports both ESX(i) 3.5 and 4.0 and the download link is at the bottom of the document. If you're interested in the various changes, you'll want to take a look at the change log which explains the various updates to the scripts.

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
b1izzard
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I must have looked at the page 40 times for the link, but never saw it. What was throwing me off was that it had the link "for scripts/resources please visit: ". I was assuming it was there, but could never find it. I also looked at the bottom but didn't find it. Turned out it was the bottom of the comments section I was looking at. Just as a suggestion, maybe put the link in the requirements section for the direct script download. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

I maintain all my scripts using the VMTN community docs ... and when you attach files they go at the end of the document and I have no control over there. As a new user visiting the page, if you just scroll to the very bottom without clicking on the comments, you'll clearly see the download link. Good to always carefully go through the documentation Smiley Wink

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

0 Kudos
b1izzard
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok. That explains it. I didn't realize it was automatically placed there. I saw the Known Issues section many times, but kept skipping past it because I didn't think the download directly below it. Kind of like the email where you read the paragraph to count the number of F's, and your mind skips half of them. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

one thing I do is just bookmark Williams profile into my browser, then I always have fast track to his entire catalog. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos