ESXi

View Only
  • 1.  Need Help!

Posted Mar 07, 2016 08:55 PM

I had a contractor who set up a 2012 R2 Server for my Exchange/DNS/Domain. He had shared access to the desktops of each through LogMeIn, where I could access each and do what I needed to. I logged in recently and notice his profile was gone. I cannot get a hold of him and have no access to my servers! I tried using Remote Desktop but it wouldn't take the connection. He is running VMware Esxi 4.1.0 on them and when I simply plug in a monitor to the server I only get a black screen telling me about the VMware software, Processor, Memory etc.... How can I possibly gain access to my servers? I am super stuck right now. Thanks for any help.

• 2.  RE: Need Help!
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 08, 2016 03:12 AM

You need to install vSphere Client in your desktop and then be able to connect to your ESXi 4.1 host and manage your virtual machines.

If you don't know how to do, take a look here: How to Install VMware vSphere Client 4

• 3.  RE: Need Help!

Posted Mar 08, 2016 04:22 PM

Man I can't thank you enough. I was going down the right path but didn't have the download I needed. I installed vSphere and then spent an hour trying to figure out the root password to the box that the company did not leave me. Luckily I found my old notes from the install when I followed them around watching and picking up what I could. I got right in and added each server to MY logmein account and now I am good to go. It took me an hour or so, but I heard from the company this morning and they were going to help me do it......for $500. :smileyangry: Thanks again!