VMware Cloud Community
itagsurya
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Need English version Vcenter 5.0 software

Hi All,

presently we are upgrading my vcenter 4.1 to vcenter5.0 ,but the server in german language mode.  How to install english version ?where vcan i get the english verion vcenter 5.0

regards

Surya

if you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

glad to see you got it resolved.  Can you mark this thread as answered?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you can get vCenter 5.0 from the link below. The default language is English.

http://downloads.vmware.com/d/details/vc50/dHRAYnQldEBiZHBqaA==

When you connect to vCenter using the vSphere Client you can launch the client by using the below switch which will force English

vpxClient -locale en_US

0 Kudos
itagsurya
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi  Troy,

Thx for your quick response. previously we had issue with language setting. we installed the vcenter 4.1 U1 software in our german language server, everthing working fine but alarm  alerts mails getting in german lauguage mode.that's why i asked for  native english version.

Is the above mention version was native english version ?

regards

Surya

if you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"
0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There's just a single vCenter download.  When you install the product you can select the language (English, German, etc).

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

have you seen the below article?

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1015646

Also, the download is the only download available

0 Kudos
itagsurya
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HI Troy,

I know  the above article.last time we raside SR with VMware,they given the KB article. With out change  the settings we installed Pure english version software in my  enivironment. I got the software  from my TAM.Thats the reason i asked.

Regards

Surya

0 Kudos
itagsurya
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Troy.

your correct ,By default its in english. we have to choose the languge.To day we upgraded my Vcenter 4.1 u1 to 5.0 successfully

thanx & regards

Surya

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

glad to see you got it resolved.  Can you mark this thread as answered?

0 Kudos