VMware Cloud Community
sojoner
Contributor
Contributor

NO NETWORK ON ESXi 4.1 Intel Pro/1000 MT !!!

hi All,

I have installed ESXi 4.1 and after a lot of altration i was able install it with a Intel Pro/1000 MT but ones it reboots and their it goes.

1. No IP address at all if on DHCP.

2.If i configure Static IP address i am not able to get the configured IP ping.

Can anybosy else faced the same issue.If their is any resolve to same.

Regards

Amit Chaudhary

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

if you can detect the network card, then it would just be working fine. could it be that you have plug the cable to the wrong port?

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points.

0 Kudos
sojoner
Contributor
Contributor

Hi jam,

Well i have cheked all these basic things the issue is i am able ping local host.Also to the Static IP address i am able to pig locally. and all the links are ok i was working on the same setup with Centos so this is not a cable issue.What else can be the issue.

Regards

Amit Chaudhary

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

If you are able to ping the static IP address and you are sure the cable is ok (check whether you have a link,either in Configuration/Network Adapters or on the physical switch port) then it looks like an issue on the physical switch. If it is a Cisco switch, you can click on the CDP bubble next to the VMnic in Configuration/Network to see the settings. You may also check the physical switch port's settings for settings like port security (should be disabled --> switchport mode access), spanning tree (set to portfast), VLAN...

André

0 Kudos