VMware Cloud Community
MaximDeWinta
Contributor
Contributor

NEED HELP WITH MAYBE REPLICATION OR MAKING SOME SORT OF A FAIL OVER

here is my situation i have a blade chasis with esxi 5.5 with about 5 of the virtual servers with very useful applivation for my organisation so just got another chasis which i am planning to put in esxi 6.5 and want to replicate in real time the VMs from my old server to the new one so that when i experiance hardware issues on the real old working server somehow the new server comes in play with out having to halt for sometime to do the configurations my environment is simple it one network just with different server farms(room) that they are going to be on the same subnet please help with the ideas

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

My recommendation would be to migrate all those VMs to the new hardware running vSphere 6.5 and replicate from there to the older hardware (after it has been firmware upgraded and vSphere upgraded to 6.5). This depends on you have licensed replication software, of course.

0 Kudos
MaximDeWinta
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for the reply DAPHNISSOV i was maybe thing that there is a tool from vmware that can do the whole thing in even more easier way and thank you very making me aware of doing the migration first so as to ve able to upgrade the old box

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

i was maybe thing that there is a tool from vmware that can do the whole thing in even more easier way

Do what thing?

0 Kudos
MaximDeWinta
Contributor
Contributor

i was maybe thinking that there is a tool from vmware on (esxi package) that can do the whole replication

excuse my english its very bad

above is the corrected version of that line it was a typing error

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

There is vSphere Replication which is included with some vSphere license types, but otherwise you have to purchase a replication solution.

0 Kudos