VMware Cloud Community
jp3457
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Multiple iSCSI Adapters (hardware and software)

We have 2 physically separate storage networks with HP SAN's.  Network A is 1Gbps, Network B is 10Gbps and recently installed.  IP addresses are unique to each network.

Hosts can access all LUN's on the SAN on Network A.  Trying to get my hosts to see the new LUN's on the the Network B's SAN.

Host has a software iSCSI adapter and vmkernel NIC setup for Network A and can see all iSCSI targets, paths, and LUN's.

Host has a 2-port 10Gbps physical NIC with corresponding storage adapters.  I added the dynamic iSCSI targets and then it discovered all the static targets.

I mapped the LUN's to the host and give the host read-write to the LUN's.

However, the host does not see any of the LUN's on the SAN.

Jumbo frames are enabled all throughout (vSwitch, physical switch, and SAN).

I can use vmkping and ping all the SAN ports.

Is there something that I'm missing?

iscsi.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
harry89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have you configured port vmk port binding ..one to one map for B  network ..each vmk must use single physical nic .. also network is it same broadcast domain or routed ..

Harry
VCIX-DCV6.5 ,VCIX-NV6 , VCAP-CMA7
Mark answer as correct/helpful if it solves your query

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
harry89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have you configured port vmk port binding ..one to one map for B  network ..each vmk must use single physical nic .. also network is it same broadcast domain or routed ..

Harry
0 Kudos
jp3457
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I will check on the binding.

Networks are different.  For example, Net A is 10.10.10.0/24.  Net B is 10.10.100.0/24.

No routing.  Physically separate from each other as well.

0 Kudos
harry89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If both the storage or iscsi targets are in different ,then we must not use port binding . Read the section when not to use port binding in the beloe KB

VMware Knowledge Base

Harry
0 Kudos
jp3457
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

OK...however, once I added the port binding, the drives on the new SAN appeared.

0 Kudos