VMware Cloud Community
ncmsvmware
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple gateways-error

Hi,

I used VMware converter plug in which is in vCenter 4 and I import a VM from VMware Server version 2.0.2 Build 203138 to ESX 4 server.

The import process was done successfully, but when we assigned the new IP, we faced an error (Multiple gateways) image attached.

Note: we disable network on the old server that has this IP and we shut it down.

Does anyone know what is the cause of this problem and how can we solve it?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jpdicicco
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I haven't done this type of conversion (from VMware Server), but it sounds suspiciously like what you get with a P2V.

When you P2V, the hardware type of the ethernet adapter changes to a VMware adapter (e.g. vmxnet3). This makes it a different device to Windows, which I am assuming you are running. So, the old device still exists and its configuration is in the registry. I just doesn't show up, since it's "not connected."

If this is the case, you need to do the following (the process is documented here😞

1) Open a cmd prompt and run the following commands

1a) set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

1b) devmgmt.msc

2) In Device Manager, go to View -> Show Hidden Devices

3) Open your Network Adapters section and Uninstall, including the driver that you no longer need, the old network adapter

4) Remove any other hardware that no longer applies to the guest

Happy virtualizing!

JP

Please consider awarding points to helpful or correct replies.

Happy virtualizing! JP Please consider awarding points to helpful or correct replies.
0 Kudos
ncmsvmware
Contributor
Contributor

Many Thanks jpdicicco

The problem solved by using same steps metioned.

Also, we followed the second method mentioned in this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/269155/en-us in other server that has same problem.

Regards,

0 Kudos
jpdicicco
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Please help me out by marking my reply as the answer.

Thanks and glad I could help!

Happy virtualizing!

JP

Please consider awarding points to helpful or correct replies.

Happy virtualizing! JP Please consider awarding points to helpful or correct replies.
0 Kudos
ncmsvmware
Contributor
Contributor

Yes our problem was solved by your method.

Thank you jpdicicco

Regards,

0 Kudos
JSeifried
Contributor
Contributor

Hi JP

I have just followed your solution and it worked perfectly thank you for your help.

Regards

PG

0 Kudos