VMware Cloud Community
DavidYoung123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Multiple Displays

According to the ESXi 7.0 manual it is possible to "set the number of displays and extend the screen across them." here.

What are the requirements to get this feature to work?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidYoung123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For anyone looking for multiple monitors as best I can tell the feature doesn't work despite having options that look like they should work.

What you actually need to do is described here VMware Knowledge Base

Then you can use VNC (like TightVNC server) to map each "screen" to a different port and log in with two vnc client sessions, one to each monitor. Drag and drop across the screens is a little sketchy but this is the best solution I can find.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

These are the requirements:

VMware supports AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards. See the vendor website for supported cards. To use the graphics card or GPU hardware, download the appropriate VMware graphics driver from the vendor website.

• Go to the NVIDIA website for information about the VMware graphics driver for your NVIDIA graphics card.
  • Go to the AMD website for information about the VMware graphics driver for your AMD graphics card.

Linux distributions must have a 3.2 or later kernel. If 3D is not available on a Linux guest, verify that the driver is available in the Linux kernel. If it is not available, upgrade to a more recent Linux distribution. The location of the kernel depends on whether the distribution is based on deb

or rpm.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

DavidYoung123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For anyone looking for multiple monitors as best I can tell the feature doesn't work despite having options that look like they should work.

What you actually need to do is described here VMware Knowledge Base

Then you can use VNC (like TightVNC server) to map each "screen" to a different port and log in with two vnc client sessions, one to each monitor. Drag and drop across the screens is a little sketchy but this is the best solution I can find.

0 Kudos