VMware Cloud Community
jmsimoes
Contributor
Contributor

Mouse click doesn't work - Win2k12-R2

Hi,

I'm having a problem with mouse in my clean install of Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard.

Well, in the first minutes of work everything is ok, after that, suddently, mouse clicks stopped to work. I see the cursor but cant select nothing. After that I install VMware Tools and restart the system, but the problem persists. The drivers are updated... dunno what to do!

Already reinstall the VM Tools but nothing.

I'm running vSphere Client 5.5.0 on VMware ESXi 5.5.0. In this server I already have other machines with Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012, but this VM that I installed is the first with Server 2012 R2.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

José Simões

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavoudTeimouri
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

Windows Server 2012 R2 is supported by vSphere 5.5 Update 1 and above. Try to install the patch on your ESXi and then try to install the OS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Davoud Teimouri - https://www.teimouri.net - Twitter: @davoud_teimouri Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teimouri.net/
0 Kudos
JPM300
Commander
Commander

Also I find with Windows 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 if your working through the vSphere console its a little sluggish, you don't get this experience through a RDP connection.  I found if you bump the video memory a little as it starts at 4MB, it helps make the experience a little smoother, but maybe that's just a placebo effect :smileysilly:

0 Kudos
jmsimoes
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

The ESXi already have the latest patch, vSphere 5.5 update 2 (Build 2068190).

0 Kudos
jmsimoes
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I connect to every VM throught RDP but it's strange this "problem", because I see de cursor but can't click.

Anyway, that's not a problem for me because I only use vSphere to see and controll the system and to connect them I use RDP, but it's a problem to VMware Developers solve later.

But yes, It's a little bit annoying because after install I cant configure with mouse, even to configure the IP's for RDP connection Smiley Happy

Best regards,

José Simões

0 Kudos