VMware Cloud Community
rwlarsen
Contributor
Contributor

Mouse Tracking

I'm having issues with mouse tracking on one of my users when using the vSphere client console.  I have several other clients on identical hardware and I'm only having an issue with this one box; it seems to me this eliminates guest-related, server-side and network concerns.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client to no avail.  In researching, I've found some references to version 4 and 4.1 but nothing related to 5.  Any ideas or troubleshooting methods would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Bob Larsen

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
haiiampc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There is a setting "hardware acceleration" in Display adapter settings. Tuning it solves most Graphic misbehaviors.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101170...

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101170...

Regards - Purna

If it helps --> Please award points - as appropriate - "Correct" or "Helpful"
0 Kudos
rwlarsen
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate the input but I don't think this relates to my problem...

I'm not really having video issues,  the issue is erratic cursor movement with the mouse the video is displaying fine. Also, I am not having the issue with most of my clients, I have several users who are able to connect and control the same VMs without issue.  One client system is having this issue.

The referenced KB article is referring to the XPDM drivers, and is suggesting upgrading to the WDDM drivers, all my windows VMs are running the WDDM drivers. 

0 Kudos
haiiampc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Did you double check "hardware acceleration" --> to Full --> in display properties..

This Video T.shooting fixed most of Mouse movement issues previously..

Start -> settings -> control panel -> display ->advanced -> Troubleshoot tab- > hardware acceleration bar to "Full"

VMware SVGA II Properties

Display Adapter Troubleshooter

If it helps --> Please award points - as appropriate - "Correct" or "Helpful"
rwlarsen
Contributor
Contributor

I don't appear to have that option on my systems.  The button under the troubleshoot tab is disabled (grey and I can't click on it).  I've modified the video card settings on the vm, and I can't find anything that allows me to open the troubleshooting window.  The "enable 3d support is also disabled (Im guessing the video card on the server doesn't have 3d support?)

Thanks for your assistance around this.

0 Kudos