VMware Cloud Community
mstocum
Contributor
Contributor

Monitor Dell OIDs via SNMP with ESXi 4.x

Is there anyway to monitor the Dell OIDs (.1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1) via SNMP with ESXi 4.x? I've seen instructions on how to do this with ESX, but nothing for ESXi. I do have OMSA installed on the hosts, and snmp is enabled, unfortunately the VMware SNMP agent provides almost no information.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
mstocum
Contributor
Contributor

That link doesn't work, and nothing in the document that I could find by searching for SNMP provides answers in either direction.

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

I have tested the link and it does work.

Are you using the free version or a paid license?

Try this link to the ESXi online DOCS and do a search for SNMP.

http://pubs.vmware.com/vsp40u1_e/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=welcome/welcome.html

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
mstocum
Contributor
Contributor

As far as the link goes, I have no idea what's going on. It just plain does not work for me. IE under Win7 and Safari under Mac OS X both give a "webpage cannot be found error".

As I indicated in my previous post, I already did search the docs, and while there is plenty of information on enabling SNMP, which I have done, and which does work, I can find nothing about getting access to the Dell specific data under ESXi. I have found several guides online that explain how to get net-snmp under ESX to show both basic system info, VMware info, and Dell info, but nothing for ESXi.

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

You might want to try accessing the DRAC interface rather than through directly through ESXi.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos