VMware Cloud Community
jaestsan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Modify Vcenter Template with OVF

Good Morning,

I have few templates in a VMware Vcenter 4.0 and I would to know if its possible to create an OVF file that call one Template and change it's HDD size, Memory or CPU. Is it possible?

Best Regards,

Javier

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MartinAmaro
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hmmm not 100% what you are looking for so...

based on what I understand what I would do is create a script (Powercli\powershell) that will modify the template virtual components.

However ... increasing the  hard drive will also required to extend the disk in the guest OS ..

Hmm can you provide in more detail what you are looking to do?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartinAmaro
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hmmm not 100% what you are looking for so...

based on what I understand what I would do is create a script (Powercli\powershell) that will modify the template virtual components.

However ... increasing the  hard drive will also required to extend the disk in the guest OS ..

Hmm can you provide in more detail what you are looking to do?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
jaestsan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes I would like to modify a Template HW with an OVF. Also to increate HDD is it possible with powercli or with other vmware program?

Also, is it possible to create with OVF the HDD, memory, CPU in vcenter VM without vmdk files?

Best Regards,
Javier

0 Kudos
MartinAmaro
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hmmm look at this ... I think this might point you towards the right direction

http://blogs.vmware.com/vapp/2009/07/selfconfiguration-and-the-ovf-environment.html