VMware Cloud Community
benp23
Contributor
Contributor

Mitel's VMware phone solution

The partnership between Mitel and VMware was official in February. We are very close to making the jump to a Mitel phone system for 450 users but I can't find any detailed performance data or detailed reviews either on VMware's site or via web searches---I'm the VCP who is managing it, so I'm wondering why. The discussions I have seen on the subject are devoid of any real usable, concrete information.

Does anyone have experience with the Mitel virtualized platform (Contact Center Manager, Unified Messaging, vMCD) in conjunction with their resilient hw controller? Can anyone who is using this telephony solution in a real-world scenario vouch for the stability and viability of this solution? How will this system perform under load, what sort of gotchas can we expect, etc? The lack of information industry-wide is troubling...guess that could mean no one is having problems, but it's hard to trust it until I see something solid.

Regards,

benp23

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nofragger
Contributor
Contributor

We just installed a CCM server on vmware 4.0 update 1 , and this works fine.

Also I called Mitel on vmware support, and they told me this is fully supported by mitel.

Here is a white paper on the whole subject: Click

0 Kudos
stephenbrown301
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, my name is Stephen Brown, I head up Systems Engineering for Mitel. Sorry you are having difficulty locating some helpful technical information. Please send me an email at stephen_brown@mitel.com and I will make sure that you get the information that you need. I would also be happy to answer any questions you may have.

With Regards,

/Steve

0 Kudos