VMware Cloud Community
Van_Oers
Contributor
Contributor

Missing option "SSL settings" after upgradin Vsphere 5.0 to 5.1

Hello,

I upgraded Vcenter 5.0 to 5.1 and my host are giving SSL Thumbprint errors. In Vsphere 5.0 i could go to  Administration - Vcenter Server Settings - and choose on the left for SSL settings. In there i could verify the SSL thunbprints.

I do not have this option anymore!!. In upgraded Vsphere 5.0 twice in my test environment and both times the option is Gone!!

Anyone also seen this or am i doing something wrong?

Gr. Tim

0 Kudos
2 Replies
djciaro
Expert
Expert

You should be able to manage the SSL settings form the Web Client

in the vSphere Web Client go to the vCenter server instance → select the manage tab → under setting select general → click on Edit →

Select SSL settings → you can select the check box to indicate that the thumbprints match.

to validate that they match

Logon to the direct console → select view support information on the system customization menu → the thumbprint is displayed in the right-hand column.

You can match that with what you see in the web client.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
Van_Oers
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, thats exactly the option i searched for. Only the strange thing is that there are no servers in the list to verify.

And i cannot deselect the option that SSl is required.

Do ik need the wait a bit longer before the server become visible in the SSL settings option?

Gr. Tim

0 Kudos