VMware Cloud Community
WBAndreasF
Contributor
Contributor

Migrating VCSA 6.5U1 from 6.0 to 6.5 ESXi host

Hello,

I have a cluster of 4 hosts and trying to upgrade one after another to 6.5, but now I've the problem that I can't migrate the VCSA from a 6.0 to 6.5 host in the same cluster.

The hardware of all hosts is absolute identical, but I get an error "The target host does not support the virtual machine's current hardware requirements."

How do I get the VCSA now to an 6.5 host so I can update the last 6.0 host?

kind regards

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What is configured for your vCSA VM? Do you have a local device attached? If not, can you show the configuration?

0 Kudos
WBAndreasF
Contributor
Contributor

There is so special configuration, default VCSA Deployment for small environments.
No local devices connected.

I had the same issue with a handful other VM's, but I could simply shut them down, migrate and power up without problems.

But that way is not possible with VCSA.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What host hardware is this? Check the event log for that VM. What else does it say about the error?

0 Kudos
WBAndreasF
Contributor
Contributor

HPE ProLiant DL380p Gen8, 6.0 and 6.5 with HPE Images, all drivers installed and up to date.

Since the Migration is not possible, there is nothing in the Event Log to see.

0 Kudos
chaplina
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does the VCSA have any snapshots?  If so, I would suggest removing them and attempt another migration.

0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert

What's the CPU series on source and destination ESXi hosts?

0 Kudos
WBAndreasF
Contributor
Contributor

No Snapshots, the CPU is Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 v2 @ 2.50GHz and no EVC mode enabled.

Does the VSCA use any special CPU features, that got removed with ESXi 6.5?

0 Kudos