VMware Cloud Community
3pointtech
Contributor
Contributor

Microsoft Says SBS2003 SP2 Not Supported?!?!?

Just got off the phone with techs and they said based on this website: http://www.windowsservercatalog.com/svvp.aspx?svvppage=svvpwizard.htm

My SBS2K3SP VM running is not supported and therefore any issues I'm having with Exchange 2k3SP2 are unsupported. I asked if uninstalling Sp2 is their recommendation and it's not. Anyone else having mail flow issues on the following:

ESXI 4.0.0 (Build 208167)

SBS 2003 SP2

Thanks,

J

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Its supported with vSphere4 Update 1. (Check the matrix on the website you linked to)

Probably only been tested with this version.

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
3pointtech
Contributor
Contributor

I just checked Vsphere 4.0 Update 1 and got this:

Summary Support Statement*

This configuration is Not Supported.

• Customers with Premier-level support agreements should contact their account manager for more information

• Additional information is available in the "Support policy for Microsoft software running in non-Microsoft hardware virtualization software" which can be viewed here

Support Statement Details

Product: Windows Small Business Server 2008 all on VMware vSphere 4.0 update 1 with Windows Server 2003 SP2 (x86) Guest OS

More Information

This product version is not supported on VMware vSphere 4.0 update 1 with Windows Server 2003 SP2 (x86) Guest OS

0 Kudos