VMware Cloud Community
xlcor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

MacOS X guest OS

I'd like to setup a MacOS X VM for testing. I have a licensed copy of snow leopard (OS X 10.6?). Can I do this? Is there still that pesky hardware requirement for MacOS X (where the OS queries the physical hardware, or some such madness) or not anymore?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
golddiggie
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

You're only chance would be to run the server version of the OS... Even then, you'll be violating (maybe you're into that?) the EULA if putting it onto non-Apple hardware... The ONLY way apple will let you (legally) do it is to virtualize on an apple hardware. At that point, it's probably several times more pain than it's worth... Even if you could get it to work on non-apple hardware (there's ways to do it, but don't ask how) chances are with the first update from apple, it won't boot...

I see apple act like that rich, spoiled, only child that always gets it's way and doesn't need to play well with anyone... It thinks it's better than everyone else so the rules that everyone else lives by don't apply to it... Sad really...

VMware VCP4

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The problem is the EULA still reuires leopard to be run on Apple Hardware 0

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
golddiggie
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

You're only chance would be to run the server version of the OS... Even then, you'll be violating (maybe you're into that?) the EULA if putting it onto non-Apple hardware... The ONLY way apple will let you (legally) do it is to virtualize on an apple hardware. At that point, it's probably several times more pain than it's worth... Even if you could get it to work on non-apple hardware (there's ways to do it, but don't ask how) chances are with the first update from apple, it won't boot...

I see apple act like that rich, spoiled, only child that always gets it's way and doesn't need to play well with anyone... It thinks it's better than everyone else so the rules that everyone else lives by don't apply to it... Sad really...

VMware VCP4

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

0 Kudos
xlcor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

oh well, thank you both for your information. I guess its not to be, alas!! : )

thanks again!!

0 Kudos