VMware Cloud Community
vSolid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mac vmware fusion with VM Micro OS

sorry, I know it's not the correct place but I have no chose

dear    all

as you know apple mac pro has battery power up to 7 hour because it's use OS of apple

we know that all other Laptop products can have up to 3 hour in standard battery because Microsoft OS take to much to run it

my  question is If I install vmware fusion on mac and create VM with  Microsoft OS, Is it will effect the battery of my mac laptop or not ??? can I use it up to 7 hour or up to 3 hour ??

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

As long as the Windows VM is not actively thrashing the disk it really should not impact the battery performance - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I can tell you from my own personal experience with my MacBook Pro that one will not get the rated battery life when running virtual machines solely on battery power as they tend to be more CPU/GPU and HDD I/O intensive then more traditional Mac Apps like using iWork or Microsoft Office while on battery only.  Also running Multimedia type apps will reduce the time between needing to recharge the battery.

0 Kudos