VMware Cloud Community
ProxiChris
Contributor
Contributor

Lost with licenses

Good Morning, 

I have 3 license bought via Cisco for cisco UCS. They are for 6 and I have to upgrade them.

I am not used at all with VMware product. When I try to register them, I got

"Unsuccessful registration : The license key wich are Split/Combined cannot be registered".

What does this means ?

In a concrete way, what should I do ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
CallistoJag
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Sounds like someone has worked on the licenses in registered/connected myvmware account and previously split from these other licenses or previously combined these to create another bigger license. Therefore, these licenses are no longer valid. This would be my reading of it.
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I wonder how you got the VMware license keys?
When purchased from a hardware vender, you usually get Partner Activation Codes (PAC), which then need to be registered in the VMware portal in order to get license keys. In that case, your currently used license keys should already be present in your VMware account (or in the account of whomever registered the PAC).

André

0 Kudos
ProxiChris
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the answer :). Yes perhaps this has been done, I do not have the history. That's vmware 6 , quite old.... If there is an account, I ignore wich one also.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I'd suggest that you contact the company which sold the server (or any other VMware partner company), and ask them to find the license admin for your company. This is usually a pretty easy task for a VMware partner, and you should get an answer pretty fast.

André

0 Kudos
crmercado
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello, can you check if the support contracts are active?

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2007002

0 Kudos
ProxiChris
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately seems no.

In parallel I am contacting cisco.

Thanks

0 Kudos