VMware Cloud Community
cumminss
Contributor
Contributor

Loading NEW NIC drivers in ESXi 4.0

Good day VM Gurus

I currently have an HP C7000 Blade Server with Proliant BL-460c Blades, each blade has the HP NC532i Dual Port 10gb Multifunction BL-cNIC, I am pretty sure I need to replce the drivers with the ones I downloaded from VM Ware, I just don't know how to do that, Is there any document on how to upload new nic drivers in the ESXi software?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

On the VMware web site where you downloaded the drivers, look on the right. In "Related Resources" click "Documentation".

This link brings you a detailed description on how to update.

André

0 Kudos
cumminss
Contributor
Contributor

I found it, So what are those key strokes I use to get from an ESXi admin console to a command prompt in Linux. I forgot

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Are you asking for Tech Support Mode for Emergency Support ?

André

0 Kudos
pdarcy
Contributor
Contributor

when you download the driver iso you need to extract the .zip file.

Then if you using the vSphere vMA you need to SCP the file to the /tmp directory on the vMA.

On the vMA host change directory into /tmp

Type vifpinit (hostname)

vihostupdate --install --bundle filename.zip

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
cumminss
Contributor
Contributor

Andre'

Yeah, That is it, I know it is supposed to be a scarely used otion and not for "laymen", But it is commonly known. And thank you so much for all your help I really do appreciate it

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You are welcome.

André

If this answered your question, don't forget to mark it as Answered and consider to mark Correct and/or Helpful responses.

0 Kudos
cumminss
Contributor
Contributor

Andre' and Pdarcy

Well, My Linux skils are non-existenant. I have my offline-bundle on a cd, i know I have to mount the cd and copy my offline-bundle to my /root/tmp. I am having an issue wioth getting my CD mounted, What commands will do this?

0 Kudos
pdarcy
Contributor
Contributor

This was my issue also, in the end i put the cd in my windows pc and

copied the files off, then i used winscp to copy the files to the

/tmp directory. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos